Tuesday, April 25, 2006

G.I. JOE’S SCARLETT FEATURED IN SOLO ONE-SHOT THIS JULY


G.I. JOE’S SCARLETT FEATURED IN SOLO ONE-SHOT THIS JULY
ARTIST PHIL NOTO JOINS THE RANKS
This July, Devil’s Due Publishing, Inc. (DDP) reveals the popular G.I. JOE heroine’s never-before-seen origins in G.I. JOE SCARLETT: DECLASSIFIED (MAY063081 E)! Shana O’Hara, the crimson haired, crossbow wielding, G.I. JOE code-named SCARLETT, is no damsel in distress. A premier member of G.I. JOE, SCARLETT’S pre-military days have remained unrevealed throughout her accomplished career –until now! Follow the heroine’s transformation from young martial arts disciple in Atlanta, Georgia to G.I. JOE counter intelligence agent!

G.I. JOE SCARLETT: DECLASSIFIED (MAY063081 E), a one-shot, 48 page, full color comic book hitting shelves in July, is written by Mike O’Sullivan (G.I. JOE SPECIAL MISSIONS, G.I. JOE: DATA DESK HANDBOOK) and illustrated by PHIL NOTO (Beautiful Killer, Danger Girl), and carries a $4.95 cover price. G.I. JOE is under license from the Hasbro Properties Group, the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS).

“I’m beyond excited to be working with former Danger Girl comic book artist Phil Noto on SCARLETT’S origin story,” says G.I. JOE SCARLETT: DECLASSIFIED writer Mike O’Sullivan. “Noto began his career as an animator for Disney, working on such films as The Lion King and Lilo & Stitch, and went on to become one of comics’ most striking and elegant talents. He draws SCARLETT the way she should be elegant, approachable, but still lethal!”

“Fans are eager for past details on their G.I. JOE favorites, and SCARLETT tops the list,” says Devil’s Due President Josh Blaylock. “After the revelations in SNAKE-EYES: DECLASSIFIED and G.I. JOE: DECLASSIFIED, divulging the origin of SCARLETT is one of DDP’s top priorities.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home