Monday, March 20, 2006

MARVEL SIGNS J. SCOTT CAMPBELL TO EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT! SUPERSTAR ARTIST TO DRAW TOP-SECRET SPIDER-MAN PROJECT!

“I was very excited!” exclaims J. Scott Campbell, thinking back to the moment when industry-leader Marvel Comics offered him his own exclusive contract. “I’ve been a huge fan of all things Marvel ever since I can remember! And after ten years in the business, I’m thrilled to have some real fun with these characters I’ve loved since I was a kid!”

Campbell, the fan-favorite artistic force behind the ultra-popular GEN 13 and DANGER GIRL series, and the current project WILDSIDERZ, was roped into the Marvel stable by an offer he simply could not refuse: to work on a new, ultra-secret project alongside award-winning writer Jeph Loeb.

“That was a killer combination I just couldn’t say no to!” enthuses Campbell.

“I’m going to be working on my absolute favorite Marvel character right out of the gate. And I seem to also be getting quite a bit of creative input on the project, so I couldn’t be happier!”

The good feelings are mutual, when it comes to Campbell’s new partner, Jeph Loeb. “When I first came to Marvel,” explains the scribe, “Joe Quesada asked if I was interested in a certain character. I told him if we could get this ONE guy to draw it, I was in.”

“J. Scott Campbell has waited his whole life for this gig and I’m thrilled to be the writer who creates the story he’ll illustrate. We’ve talked about this project in general - too soon to talk about story - and, just as fans, we see the characters EXACTLY the same...as if we’re finishing each other’s sentences! Can’t wait to see what Jeff creates!”

“This is gonna rock!”

“Yes, Jeph and I have been brainstorming a lot about the overall tone we’d like to take with the series and which villains and guest stars we’d both like to see,” adds Campbell. “It’s in the very beginning stages right now, but I already love what we’ve been discussing!”

“I think the fans are in for a great ride!”

More details on the project to be revealed soon. Look to Marvel.com for all your super-heroic needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home