Thursday, November 24, 2005

Will You Still Love me If I Wet The Bed

Will You Still Love Me If I Wet The Bed is a delightful little graphic novel by Liz Prince. The story revolves around Liz Prince and her boyfriend Kevin.
I personally have grown to love Journal Comics. It is to me a breath of fresh air from the hundreds of super hero books that are out there today. Instead of giving us an elaborate storyline. You have the very simple story of a "Day in the life" of these characters. And that is what Liz Prince successfully does in this book. She takes quirky moments and shares them with the world.
The art is a simple cartoon style drawing which is very similar to James Kochalka of Monkey vs Robot fame or even Jeffery Brown of Clumsy. Both available at the topshelf comix's website. The art really gives the book an innocence that shows the world here I am be nice.
There is no need to be nice to this book. It is quiet simply an excellent peice of work. This is no more a book then it is a valentine to her boyfriend Kevin.
For that I give this book a 4 out of 5. I would have given this book a perfect rating if the price point was not so high for such a quick read. But I assure you it is well worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home