Wednesday, November 30, 2005

PAUL JENKINS IS IN WITH THE HOUSE OF IDEAS! AWARD-WINNING WRITER GOES EXCLUSIVE WITH MARVEL COMICS!

“I grew up as a writer at Marvel... we've had a lot of mutual success,” says comic book scribe Paul Jenkins. “I'm at a time in my life and career when it makes sense to go exclusive. My wife and I are expecting our first child, I just signed the deal to produce my first film and things are looking interesting for my production company, Good Cop Bad Cop.”
“In addition, I've been working on video games a lot... it was time to bring all of the comic work into one place, for the sake of my sanity.” Jenkins pauses and smiles, “This has been a long time coming. Let's not kid ourselves: I've pretty much been exclusive with Marvel for the last five or six years, with all due respect to the Distinguished Competition.”

Those last five to six years have been well-packed for the Welsh-born writer. The “mutual successes” have included a long run on SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN, an Eisner Award-winning hitch on INHUMANS, and also penning the Marvel blockbusters WOLVERINE: ORIGIN and WOLVERINE: THE END. Jenkins is currently helming THE SENTRY and the right-smack-dab-in-the mutant-middle-of-things book GENERATION M - on sale today!.

“GENERATION M is probably the most fun I have had on a book in many years -- (artist)Ramon Bachs is just incredible. He's going to be a major star,” notes Jenkins.

Jenkins first gained writing experience in his native United Kingdom while working on an English degree. After moving to the US and hooking up with TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird, he began to edit the duo’s books and even negotiate their licensing deals.
The writer may have little precious time to enjoy his exclusivity at the House of Ideas. One of his first new Marvel projects is to take over the fan-favorite title THE PULSE, replacing popular creator Brian Michael Bendis. If that alone wasn’t enough, Jenkins will also oversee a “changing of the guard” on THE PULSE: well-loved central character Jessica Jones will be leaving the book, and GENERATION M’s own Sally will step in to fill the vacuum. Thus THE PULSE’s ties to the Marvel Universe at large and the world of the mutants become even stronger.

“I would trust Paul Jenkins with any Marvel character,” declares Editor-In-Chief Joe Quesada. “Let me repeat that a bit louder: any Marvel character! Paul’s all about the character...we love razz-matazz as much as any major comics company but at the end of the day, Marvel’s characters are what stand true and proud. That’s why Paul’s here. That’s why we brought him onboard. That, and he’s a good-lookin’ son-of-a-gun, t’boot!”

Jenkins doesn’t intend to rest on his laurels and get by on looks alone at Marvel.

“All I can say is that I am extremely excited. I'm proud of what I've done so far but I'm certain that my future work will be even better.”

All the news of Paul’s ongoing adventures with Marvel can be found, where else? At Marvel.com, True Believers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home